terima kasih buat kalian semua..

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Put off by Penang’s parking policy

I REFER to the letter by Raman Nair “Holidaying family swears not to visit Penang again” (The Star, Jan 4).

I can understand the feelings of the writer especially on the parking ticket issued by Penang Island Municipal Council (MPPP) on a Saturday night.

I, too, was summoned for the same reason at about 5.30pm on June 6 last year. It was not only a Saturday, mind you, it was also the birthday of the Yang DiPertuan Agung.

The following Monday, I called the council and was referred to an officer.

I related the incident and pleaded that the ticket be cancelled given that I was an outsider holidaying in Penang and never did it struck me that they still issue parking tickets on a national holiday. Even in Kuala Lumpur, parking is free on such a day.

I was told to write to the council which I dutifully did. About two weeks later, MPPP replied.

The letter was signed by a woman who turned down my appeal, saying there were sufficient notices in place notifying the public about the parking policy.

I had no choice but to pay the compound and vowed never to holiday in Penang again.

What puzzles me is whether it is all right for the council to collect parking charges on a national holiday.

OTHMAN HITAM,

Selangor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harap dapat tinggalkan nama anda apabila membuat komen yer..Tak kisah la nama betul ke samaran....TQ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...