terima kasih buat kalian semua..

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Harapan Guru Semenanjung Di Sarawak


WHEN Teacher's Day drew near, our Prime Minister visited Sibu and brought a lot of good news and happiness to the people in Sarawak.

But no one seems to care about the woes of a significant number of teachers from the peninsula who have dedicated all their teaching life in Sarawak and helped to educate and produce countless students of good discipline. These students go on to contribute to the state and the nation as a whole.

I am talking about us, a big number of teachers who have married the locals and settled in Sarawak since the first day we were here - may be 20 or 30 years ago. Even though I have been here for 30 years, I am still being treated like an “outsider” as I need a passport and a special immigration chop on to stay on in Sarawak.

I was told that I can't apply for PR status, unlike the foreigner who was reported in the newspaper recently who got his PR after a mere 10 years in Sarawak.

I was given the impression that I may have to leave my home and family when I retire in a few years' time.

I have highlighted this problem before but no one from the authorities or administrators in Sarawak seems to bother to reply and tell us what we can do.

We are not asking any special favour or gratitute from anyone. Just show us the 1Malaysia spirit and tell us what we can do to solve our problem. I also urge Malaysians who have faced similar dilemma here to come forward and collectively do something.

Is there anyone who can represent us and help us before I retire and die as a sad man in my own country?

LONG-SERVING TEACHER,
Kuching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harap dapat tinggalkan nama anda apabila membuat komen yer..Tak kisah la nama betul ke samaran....TQ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...